Northcliffe Golf Club - Covid-19 Conduct Rules
Clearly, these have been trying times for all of us, and as we return to activity, there is a need to modify how we operate in order to ensure your safety as well as that of our staff. With this in mind, we have implemented guidelines that all members & visitors must follow in order to operate successfully and so that we can remain open amid this major health crisis. Our top priority is the safety of our Members & our Staff.
Covid-19 Risk Assessment -
England Golf Safe Golf -
With that said, here are the ways we are changing how we operate and the rules which must be adhered to:
- To play, on any given day, tee times must be booked online in advance of play maximum of upto 6 days in advance of arriving at the Golf Club, effective immediately.
- In-person reservations for future tee times are prohibited.
- Tee times will be spaced in 8-minute gaps to enable social distancing.
Arriving at the Club prior to playing golf
- Members & Visitors should only arrive no earlier than 20 minutes prior to their tee time to enable social distancing
- Please leave the side door of the Clubhouse open when the Professional is on site.
- 2 metres of social distancing must be observed at all times, in the Car Park, around the Clubhouse and on the Course.
- Staff will wipe down surfaces regularly.
- Alcohol sanitizer gel will be made available in the Professional Shop, around the Clubhouse, in the toilets and any other areas we deem appropriate.
- The barrier for the Car Park will be raised on the arrival of the Professional and will be lowered when the Professional leaves.
- Only players with tee times are allowed on property.
- No play without a pre-booked tee time is allowed.
- No more than one group may congregate on any tee box.
- Informative signage exists throughout the property.
Forms of Play and Scoring
- Players may enter their own hole scores on their own scorecard (It is not necessary for a marker to do it)
- Verbal verification should be obtained to verify your scores at the end of the round
- Members will be able to enter their scores online using their mobile phones.
On the Course/ Completion of a hole
- Flagsticks must remain in the cups at all times -- NO TOUCHING
- If your ball comes to rest outside of a hazard but in a position which means that your swing or stance is impeded by a marker post, a 150 yard marker post or a red/yellow marker post you may take a free drop at your nearest point of relief without penalty to avoid touching the post
- If your ball comes to rest near an out of bound post the post cannot be removed and you cannot claim a free drop as per the usual rules of golf
- At all times during your round members must keep 2 metres apart (this applies to when you are on the tees, walking the fairways, looking for balls and on the putting greens)
Upon Completion of Play
- Upon completion of your round social distancing must be maintained in the car park
- Use of the Shoe Cleaner is currently prohibited
Clubhouse, Bar & Catering
- The Clubhouse will only be open for toilet facilities.
- Face coverings
be worn in all areas of the clubhouse
The Board of Directors
Northcliffe Golf Club Limited